ORGANIZE YOUR SEARCH
Keep a file of all the companies to which you apply. It's embarrassing to get an interview and not recall what position you're seeking.
FOR EACH RESUME YOU SEND, RECORD:
- Company name
- Name and description of position
- Name, spelling and pronunciation of manager
- Date sent
- Dates of follow up calls and letters
Researching the company
A sampling of important elements you should know:
- History of company
- What companies are affiliated? Parent organization?
- What is the product? Get a subscription to the print or online
- Who are the competitors?
- Size of the company
- Is the company public or private?
- Challenges the company may face
- Network, if you can, with current employees